Every year, we set Resolutions, Goals and Strategic Plans either for personal or business development. You know the enormous powers the internet possesses but have not you been really making use of it to promote your personal and business brand? One of the best decisions you can make this year is to learn more how you can harness digital media technology to promote your products and services.
Below are 7 ways you can promote your business online and increase revenue:
1) Have a Website/Blog: – If you don’t have an existing website for your brand and business, you’re missing a whole of opportunity. The benefits of having a website are so enormous. Your website is the face of your business online and your potential prospect would always want to know more about your services through your website. Your site is your virtual online representative that markets your services why you sleep. It’s also important to note that if your site is badly design and not mobile friendly, it will result in customers viewing your brand negatively because your online brand goes a long way in reflecting your business brand.
2) Leverage Social Media: – You know the power of social media and that your audience are using it daily but confuse on how to really leverage it to promote your brand. You’re not alone. I have had that statement from countless people. What you need to do is setup a Facebook Fanpage, Twitter Page, Linkedin Page, Google+ Page, Instagram Page and Youtube Page. But take note that you don’t need to be in all the social media platforms. The social media channels you decide to make use of will be determine by your type of business and target audience. There is no point in joining loads of social media platforms without being active on them. You need to post useful content on your social media pages and also offer customer support through it. That way, you will leverage Social Media to grow your business.
3) Utilize Search Engine Optimization: – When internet users head over to Google to search for a product and service you offer, will your business be listed on the frontpage of Google? For example, when you search Digital Marketing Companies in Nigeria, Kings Elite is listed on the frontpage and with that we‘re always receiving inquiries about our services weekly. That means Google is sending us free potential customers weekly. If your business website is not listed on the major search engines when prospects search for a product and service you offer, then you must make it a priority to utilize Search Engine Optimization to receive loads of customers constantly through search engines like Google.
4) Utilize Email Marketing: -Email marketing is still one of the best digital marketing channels that produce fantastic result. Research have shown that email marketing have one of the highest return on investment and its quite cheap to utilize. You can send email newsletter to your existing customers and potential prospects. The result will blow your mind when handled very well.
5) Utilize Mobile Marketing: -Mobile marketing is promotional activity designed for delivery to cell phones, smart phones and other handheld devices, usually as a component of a multi-channel campaign. Some mobile marketing is similar to advertising delivered over other electronic channels such as text, graphic and voice messages. Utilizing mobile marketing solution like bulk SMS campaign is an effective way to engage your audience and convert them to customers. When done right, it produces effective result especially when the right audience is targeted.
6) Leverage Content Marketing: -Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action. Content Marketing is an effective way to encourage conversions and its main objective is to build a content strategy to meets the needs of your target audience. It helps you stand out from the competition, provides a great resource to your customers and is highly shareable. Content Marketing is meant to improve your brand profile and online reputation. You can utilize content through Article/Blog post writing, case studies, press releases, whitepapers, videos, PowerPoint slides.
7) Advertise Online: – Research has shown that online advertisement produces better result than traditional ways of advertising like TV/Radio Ads, Newspapers and Billboards Ads. It’s also cheaper. Advertise on social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and Youtube. Advertise on Google search engine and also advertise on online news media’s like Vanguard, Punch, Thisday and other online websites through Google Partner Network which is more affordable. You need to consistently publicize your business in order to continually attract more customers.
Those are the 7 ways I recommend you utilize to market your personal brand and business online this year. These are tested methods that have produced result consistently.